A living Wales – a new framework for our environment, our countryside and our seas.
The Welsh Assembly Government acknowledges that demands on the environment are increasing because of climate change, human activity and other factors. Until now they and most others have usually looked at parts of the environment separately. This means we have underestimated the importance of the environment in our lives.
WAG’s new Natural Environment Framework (NEF) focuses on managing our environment as a whole rather than focusing on separate parts. The public consultation on the framework – available here – closes at the end of December.
It offers great opportunities, but, as it stands there are several areas of concern. Please do download and read the consultation document and respond.
Comments are closed.
- Government inquiry into management of marine protected areas in Wales
- European Union abandons plan to “overhaul” flagship Birds and Babitats Directives following a huge public campaign
- Welsh Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs makes “inaccurate and misleading claims” about the sustainability of Welsh seafood.
- Welsh Government dismiss objections to further scallop dredging in Cardigan Bay
- Consultation on proposed Special Areas of Conservation for harbour porpoise
Designed by Shire Web Development.