Rebuttals of a very misleading article in Pembrokeshire’s Western Telegraph were published recently see here.
At a meeting between Welsh Government and diving representatives on 12 June the WG confirmed that there is no intention to prohibit recreational diving from HP MCZs. Certainly no extractive diving, such as shellfishing; but simply looking and enjoying – including wreck diving – not a problem. Assuming the notes of the meeting become available they will be published here when possible.
The take home message from all the disinformation is read the detail in the consultation documents for yourself and don’t accept tittle tattle at face value. Certainly the consultation document is heavy going and unclear in many places, but if you are unsure about a meaning ask the Welsh Government (see the consultation pages for contact details) or send a query to WWMC and we will attempt to answer it.
Comments are closed.
- Government inquiry into management of marine protected areas in Wales
- European Union abandons plan to “overhaul” flagship Birds and Babitats Directives following a huge public campaign
- Welsh Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs makes “inaccurate and misleading claims” about the sustainability of Welsh seafood.
- Welsh Government dismiss objections to further scallop dredging in Cardigan Bay
- Consultation on proposed Special Areas of Conservation for harbour porpoise
Designed by Shire Web Development.