Welsh Government confirm they have no intention of prohibiting no-take recreational diving in HP MCZs at meeting with diving representatives
The WG representative gave the key assurances that there is no intention of prohibiting look-but-don’t-take recreational diving in highly protected MCZs.
The diving representatives assured WG that the diving community as a whole are supportive of MCZs. However, they were concerned that the WG had a negative attitude toward diving and stressed the high training and environmental standards and responsibility of the overwhelming majority of divers.
The minutes of the meeting are here.
Comments are closed.
- Government inquiry into management of marine protected areas in Wales
- European Union abandons plan to “overhaul” flagship Birds and Babitats Directives following a huge public campaign
- Welsh Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs makes “inaccurate and misleading claims” about the sustainability of Welsh seafood.
- Welsh Government dismiss objections to further scallop dredging in Cardigan Bay
- Consultation on proposed Special Areas of Conservation for harbour porpoise
Designed by Shire Web Development.