We need everyone that cares about the condition and protection of Welsh seas and their marine wildlife to respond to this consultation and to stress the flaws in current MPA management.
Details of the consultation, including the questions being asked and links to a response form and a survey are here.
Beware of the form and survey. They are both constrained and leading; the word allowance for response is very limited and the questions and choice of responses available in the survey is inadequate. As with all such consultations, please do complete the form and survey but, very importantly, also write your own free-form letter stressing your key messages.
But hurry, the consultation closes on 10 February 2017.
Comments are closed.
- Government inquiry into management of marine protected areas in Wales
- European Union abandons plan to “overhaul” flagship Birds and Babitats Directives following a huge public campaign
- Welsh Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs makes “inaccurate and misleading claims” about the sustainability of Welsh seafood.
- Welsh Government dismiss objections to further scallop dredging in Cardigan Bay
- Consultation on proposed Special Areas of Conservation for harbour porpoise
Designed by Shire Web Development.