For a welcome change, the weather on planned Seasearch weekends mostly behaved itself. Ramsey again proved difficult – big swells curtailed operations but a fall-back to Stack Rocks provided great diving. The first of two Caldey area weekends was cut short but a select few hung on for what turned out to be a nudibranch-filled dive on the north side of the Angle Peninsula in Milford Haven.
The sun shone on the second Caldey area weekend with sites surveyed on Woolhouse Rocks, Carmarthen Bay; Caldey Roads; Lydstep Head and Ledges; and Old Head Monorbier.
- Government inquiry into management of marine protected areas in Wales
- European Union abandons plan to “overhaul” flagship Birds and Babitats Directives following a huge public campaign
- Welsh Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs makes “inaccurate and misleading claims” about the sustainability of Welsh seafood.
- Welsh Government dismiss objections to further scallop dredging in Cardigan Bay
- Consultation on proposed Special Areas of Conservation for harbour porpoise
Designed by Shire Web Development.