Disclaimer reminder: this site is independent from the Natural Resources Wales. The opinions and advocacy expressed on this site are not necessarily representative of NRW’s views, or shared by NRW or its staff, including MCZ staff.
Skomer MCZ is designated for the conservation of marine wildlife and to support and further research into marine wildlife and the environment in which it lives.
Management of the MCZ is carried out by a small, dedicated, team of marine science staff based at the MCZ office overlooking Martin’s Haven, at the western end of the Marloes Peninsula. The MCZ team are responsible for management planning, liaison with site users and the public, ensuring the byelaws and codes of conduct are respected, carrying out a programme of biological, hydrographic and activity monitoring, and much more.
MNR/MCZ annual reports
Skomer MNR/MCZ annual reports are in the public domain and although available on request, were until recently unavailable for download from the NRW website.
The documents are in PDF format. Note that some are large files.
Skomer MNR_Annual Report 2010 (1.3Mb)
Skomer MNR_Annual Report 2009 (1.9Mb)
- Government inquiry into management of marine protected areas in Wales
- European Union abandons plan to “overhaul” flagship Birds and Babitats Directives following a huge public campaign
- Welsh Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs makes “inaccurate and misleading claims” about the sustainability of Welsh seafood.
- Welsh Government dismiss objections to further scallop dredging in Cardigan Bay
- Consultation on proposed Special Areas of Conservation for harbour porpoise
Designed by Shire Web Development.